- STATISTICS (PSYCH 107) TUTORINGSeptember 11, 2017 - 10:13 am
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters. Tutoring takes place in the Science Building, room E322. Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. It begins Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 and ends on Tuesday, December 12th, 2017.
- Clinical @ Queens College Fall 2017 ColloquiaSeptember 5, 2017 - 11:57 am
12:15-1:30pm, Science Building Rm E-308, All Welcome to Attend!
Mon 9/25, Mon 10/23, Mon 11/27, Mon 12/11
- Workshop for Graduate School, Application Process, GREsAugust 16, 2017 - 9:42 am
Psychology Graduate School Workshop – Information for Graduate School, Application Process, GREs
Wednesday, September 6th at 12:15 – 1:30 pm in the Science Building C201
Conducted by Dr. Robert Lanson, Chairman of Psychology
- VOLUNTEER @ QC PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTERJuly 25, 2017 - 10:31 am
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT QUEENS COLLEGE PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER FOR 2017/2018 ACADEMIC YEAR The Queens College Psychological Center (QCPC) is a “safety net” clinic dedicated to providing mental health care to children, adolescents and adults. QCPC is operated as a training clinic for the Department of Psychology and offers the community psychological evaluations, individual, group, family and […]
- 2017 AWARDS/HONORS FOR GRADUATING PSYCHOLOGY MAJORSMarch 23, 2017 - 12:54 pm
The 2017 award winners are as follows: The Gregory Razran Award: Elianna Strauss The William Schoenfeld Award: Haley Kotch The Mitchell L. Kietzman Award: Chananya Stern The Thomas E. Frumkes Award: Kumarie Budhu The Wilma A. Winnick Award: Amanda Rivinius The Harold Schuckman Award: Ashley Jackson The Daniel V. Caputo Award: Mamona Butt The John […]
- Summer/Fall 2017 Registration ScheduleMarch 20, 2017 - 10:18 am
- Writing Center Information for Fall 2016August 24, 2016 - 11:08 am
From John Troynaski, Director, Writing Center: The Writing Center continues to provide support for student writing at Queens College. Individual, in-person tutoring will be available during the semester: Monday-Thursday: 10 am-2 pm and 3-8 pm Friday: 10 am-1 pm Saturday: 10 am-2 pm The Writing Center is located in Kiely Hall, Room 229 and can […]
- PEER ADVISINGFebruary 8, 2016 - 10:06 am
If you want to declare a major, you must first speak to a peer advisor. Click here to view Peer Advising Hours.
- Experimental Psychology (Psych 213W) TutoringJanuary 20, 2016 - 1:22 pm
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters. Experimental Psychology (Psych 213W) tutoring takes place in SB-D308. Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. It begins Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 and ends on Tuesday, December 12th, 2017.
- DO NOT REGISTER FOR MORE THAN ONE ADV. EXPERIMENTAL SECTIONNovember 18, 2015 - 1:20 pm
Psychology Students: Please do not register for more than one section of Advanced Experimental or you will be dropped.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MAJORS WHO MATRICULATED AFTER FALL 2013November 9, 2015 - 11:36 am
There are new requirements which are effective for all Psychology majors who entered QC starting Fall 2013. The new requirement specifies a minimum grade of C in Psych 101, 107, 213W, and Advanced Lab courses even if the courses were transferred to QC. A minimum grade of C- is required for all other Psychology electives. […]
- HOW TO STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH ANNOUNCEMENTSNovember 8, 2015 - 1:07 pm
Sign-up to receive announcements by email. Please provide a QC CUNY email address only. Follow the Department on Facebook
- PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS JOIN PSI CHI!!!November 2, 2015 - 11:05 am
PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS!!! JOIN PSI CHI INTERNATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY IN PSYCHOLOGY QUEENS COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework Have completed at least 9 semester hours or equivalent of psychology […]
- TRANSFER AND CO-MAJOR INFORMATIONSeptember 29, 2015 - 1:14 pm
Course Evaluations: Transfer students are strongly advised to have their credits evaluated as soon as possible after they first matriculate. Those needing evaluations by the Psychology Department should email Dr. Justin Storbeck or see him in the Science Builiding room D312 during walk-in office hours (Fall 2015:Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00AM-12:00PM). Read more…
- AP PSYCHOLOGY AND CLEP GUIDELINESSeptember 29, 2015 - 1:12 pm
Incoming students may satisfy the Psychology 101 prerequisite requirement by obtaining either a grade of 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement Psychology Examination or a grade of 55 or better on the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) examination. At least two weeks before college registration, students who meet this criterion must have the testing […]
- Passing of Betty ChanMarch 2, 2017 - 6:59 pm
Dear Students, It is with tremendous sadness that we inform you of the passing of Betty Chan who was a senior Psychology major and President of Psi Chi honor society. Her family has informed us that the funeral will be held on Saturday, March 4. Please see below for details. Saturday, March 4, 9-11am. Central […]
- OPEN POSITION: Assistant Professor in Developmental PsychologyDecember 19, 2016 - 1:19 pm
The Department of Psychology at Queens College, City University of New York has an opening for an Assistant Professor in Developmental Psychology. Assistant Professor in Developmental Psychology: The Department of Psychology at Queens College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applicants for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor (salary […]
- OPEN POSITION: Assistant Professor in PsychologyOctober 26, 2016 - 9:42 am
Assistant Professor in Psychology specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis or Clinical Psychology: The Department of Psychology at Queens College of the City University of New York (CUNY) announces a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor to begin in the Fall of 2017.
- QUEENS COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE NEUROSCIENCE MAJORFebruary 23, 2016 - 12:46 pm
SPRING 2016 ADMISSIONS–APPLICATIONS DUE MARCH 1
The undergraduate Neuroscience major at Queens College is an interdisciplinary 55-credit honors, research-based BA degree designed for talented students with interests in neuroscience. Created by the Psychology and Biology Departments, the Neuroscience major is intended primarily for students who are very interested in getting research experience in the area of neuroscience.
- PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY AND STUDENTS IN THE NEWSSeptember 21, 2015 - 1:49 pm
Claudia Brumbaugh – in the The Daily Mail Joshua Brumberg – featured in The West Indian and Q Magazine Anil Chacko Nancy Foldi – in the New York Times Opinion Pages Carolyn Pytte Clara Vila-Castelar