- SPRING/WINTER 2017 REGISTRATION SCHEDULEOctober 19, 2016 - 9:48 am
- NEW PSYCH 281 COURSEOctober 18, 2016 - 9:25 am
- Keynote Address at the Neuropsychology Research Day at Queens CollegeSeptember 12, 2016 - 10:23 am
Dr. BJ Casey Professor of Psychology at Yale University, New Haven, CT Adjunct Professor at The Rockefeller University and Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY The Adolescent Brain: “Arrested” or Adaptive Development Friday September 23, 2016, 1:00-2:00. Rosenthal Auditorium (ground floor of Rosenthal Library, Room 230), on the Queens College Campus. Download full 2016 […]
- CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY COLLOQUIUM-Sept. 19thSeptember 7, 2016 - 11:54 am
Queens College Clinical Psychology Colloquium: “Trauma-Enhanced Alliance Management: A Trauma-Informed Relational Approach to Psychotherapy” with Jacob Ham, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Monday, September 19, 2016, 12:15-1:30pm, Razran Room, Science Building, Rm E308. Students and Faculty Welcome!
- PSI CHI ACCEPTING APPLICATION BY NOV. 14, 2016August 31, 2016 - 10:21 am
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT QUEENS COLLEGE PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTERAugust 24, 2016 - 11:48 am
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT QUEENS COLLEGE PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC YEAR The Queens College Psychological Center (QCPC) is a “safety net” clinic dedicated to providing mental health care to children, adolescents and adults. QCPC is operated as a training clinic for the Department of Psychology and offers the community psychological evaluations, individual, group, family and […]
- Writing Center Information for Fall 2016August 24, 2016 - 11:08 am
From John Troynaski, Director, Writing Center: The Writing Center continues to provide support for student writing at Queens College. Individual, in-person tutoring will be available during the semester: Monday-Thursday: 10 am-2 pm and 3-8 pm Friday: 10 am-1 pm Saturday: 10 am-2 pm The Writing Center is located in Kiely Hall, Room 229 and can […]
- 2016 GRADUATE WORKSHOP AND GRE TEST DATESAugust 15, 2016 - 9:59 am
The Department will be conducting a workshop on getting into graduate programs early in September, but you need to know this information before then. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO APPLY TO A PSYCHOLOGY GRADUATE PROGRAM FOR FALL 2017 ADMISSION, BE SURE TO READ THE FOLLOWING NOW. If you have not started to do so, you […]
- PEER ADVISINGFebruary 8, 2016 - 10:06 am
If you want to declare a major, you must first speak to a peer advisor. Click here to view Peer Advising Hours.
- Experimental Psychology (Psych 213W) TutoringJanuary 20, 2016 - 1:22 pm
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters. Experimental Psychology (Psych 213W) tutoring takes place in SB-D308. Below is the PSYCH 213W tutoring schedule for the Fall 2016 semester: Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. Tutoring begins on Monday, September 12, and ends on Friday, December 9.
- DO NOT REGISTER FOR MORE THAN ONE ADV. EXPERIMENTAL SECTIONNovember 18, 2015 - 1:20 pm
Psychology Students: Please do not register for more than one section of Advanced Experimental or you will be dropped.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MAJORS WHO MATRICULATED AFTER FALL 2013November 9, 2015 - 11:36 am
There are new requirements which are effective for all Psychology majors who entered QC starting Fall 2013. The new requirement specifies a minimum grade of C in Psych 101, 107, 213W, and Advanced Lab courses even if the courses were transferred to QC. A minimum grade of C- is required for all other Psychology electives. […]
- HOW TO STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH ANNOUNCEMENTSNovember 8, 2015 - 1:07 pm
Sign-up to receive announcements by email. Please provide a QC CUNY email address only. Follow the Department on Facebook
- PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS JOIN PSI CHI!!!November 2, 2015 - 11:05 am
PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS!!! JOIN PSI CHI INTERNATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY IN PSYCHOLOGY QUEENS COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework Have completed at least 9 semester hours or equivalent of psychology […]
- STATISTICS (PSYCH 107) TUTORINGOctober 14, 2015 - 1:50 pm
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters. Tutoring takes place in the Science Building, room E322. The following is the schedule for the Fall 2016 semester: Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. Tutoring begins on Monday, September 12, and ends on Friday, December 9.
- OPEN POSITION: Assistant Professor in PsychologyOctober 26, 2016 - 9:42 am
Assistant Professor in Psychology specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis or Clinical Psychology: The Department of Psychology at Queens College of the City University of New York (CUNY) announces a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor to begin in the Fall of 2017.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2016 HONORS AND AWARD WINNERS!May 2, 2016 - 11:43 am
LIST OF 2016 AWARD WINNERS: The 2016 Gregory Razran Award: for the highest Psychology GPA and an overall GPA of at least 3.50. Winner: Jennifer Ganeles The 2016 William N. Schoenfeld Award: for the second highest Psychology GPA and an overall GPA of at least 3.50. Winner: Alyssa Shapiro The 2016 Daniel V. Caputo Award: […]
- AWARDS FOR GRADUATING PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS 2016March 9, 2016 - 11:46 am
2016 DANIEL V. CAPUTO CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY AWARD: A plaque and $500 will be awarded to a graduating Psychology major who is pursuing a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology, starting in Fall 2016. 2016 John V. Conti Award: $800 will be awarded to a graduating Psychology major who will be attending a graduate program in […]
- QUEENS COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE NEUROSCIENCE MAJORFebruary 23, 2016 - 12:46 pm
SPRING 2016 ADMISSIONS–APPLICATIONS DUE MARCH 1
The undergraduate Neuroscience major at Queens College is an interdisciplinary 55-credit honors, research-based BA degree designed for talented students with interests in neuroscience. Created by the Psychology and Biology Departments, the Neuroscience major is intended primarily for students who are very interested in getting research experience in the area of neuroscience.
- ANNOUNCING A NEW “SPECIAL TOPICS” COURSE FOR SPRING 2016November 11, 2015 - 10:41 am
Interested in Clinical Psychology? Interested in applying to graduate school in Mental Health? Learn about clinical psychology and gain hands-on experience by enrolling in PSYCH 281 for Spring 2016 Download/View flyer PSYCH 281: Fieldwork in Mental Health course has two components: 1) 3-hour weekly seminar 2) 6 hours a week of work in Queens College […]
- WINTER AND SPRING 2016 REGISTRATION SCHEDULEOctober 27, 2015 - 12:37 pm
PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT REGISTRATION Download flyer Special group registration for Winter and Spring 2016 begins on November, 2, 2015. If you are part of the following groups, please contact your respective advisors for registration information: Macaulay Honors College, Honors and Scholarships, SEEK, HMNS, Athletics, Special Services, Student Ambassadors, and Student Leaders. Please keep in mind that […]
- PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY AND STUDENTS IN THE NEWSSeptember 21, 2015 - 1:49 pm
Claudia Brumbaugh – in the The Daily Mail Joshua Brumberg – featured in The West Indian and Q Magazine Anil Chacko Nancy Foldi – in the New York Times Opinion Pages Carolyn Pytte Clara Vila-Castelar
- NEW COURSE: Neuroscience of Decision-Making (PSYCH 281)March 21, 2014 - 2:12 pm
One of the most basic things psychology tries to under-stand is how we make decisions. This course will focus on decision-making as an alternative approach to thinking about motivation. We will ask how does the brain make decisions? We will apply this to issues like compulsive behavior, addiction and consumer behavior. PROFESSOR: JEFF BEELER |FALL 2016 | TUESDAY & THURSDAY 9:15-10:30AM | PREREQUISITES: PSY 101 & PSY 243 (BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENCE)