- Need 1 credit to complete the Psychology Major or Minor?November 5, 2018 - 1:32 pm
Need 1 credit to complete the Psychology Major or Minor? Enroll in a new, 1-credit Psychology course for Spring 2019 PSY 281.1 (1 credit) – Ethical Issues in Psychology (K. Mangiapanello – instructor) This one-credit, seminar-style course will expose undergraduate students to ethical issues that arise in the field of Psychology. Students will explore the APA […]
- Re-Take Policy for PSYCH 107.1, 107.3 and 213WNovember 2, 2018 - 2:12 pm
Effective Fall 2018: PSYCH 107.1, 107.3 and 213W may only be retaken one time, that is, students can take each class a total of two times. If you are enrolled in any of these courses in the Fall 2018 semester, that is considered the first taking of the course. Students who enroll in one of […]
- NEW COURSE NUMBERS FOR PSYCHOLOGY 107 (Statistical Methods)October 22, 2018 - 3:43 pm
New Policy Change for Psychology, as of Spring 2018 NEW COURSE NUMBERS FOR PSYCHOLOGY 107 (Statistical Methods) Students must enroll in Psych 1073 Lecture AND Psych 1071 Lab. These are listed as separate courses in CUNYFirst. Be sure to enroll in both. Psych Majors are required to earn a minimum grade of C in both. […]
- Psychology Department Registration for Spring & Summer 2019October 22, 2018 - 3:32 pm
Special Group Registration for Spring & Summer 2019 begins on November 1, 2018.
Academic Level Credits
(Earned + In progress)
(check the time on CF)
& Veteran Students
Monday, November 5 Seniors 90-120+ Tuesday, November 6 Juniors & 2nd Degree 60 –89.9 Wednesday, November 7 Sophomore 30-59.9 Thursday, November 8 Freshman 0–29.9 Friday, November 9 New Freshman & Transfers Monday, November 12 All Non-degree students
(Grad & Undergrad)
Senior Citizen Auditors Monday, January 21
- Fall 2018 Graduation Application: Thursday, November 1.October 4, 2018 - 3:42 pm
From the Office of the Registrar: Dear Faculty Member, I hope the semester is going well. Please be advised the application for graduation is now available for students who wish to complete their degree at the end of the Fall 2018 semester. The deadline for submitting the application is Thursday, November 1. The application is completed […]
- SIBS ClubOctober 3, 2018 - 1:11 pm
- Enroll in PSYCH 372, Practicum: Intervention for children with autism and their families, for the Spring 2019 semester!
- Learn how to implement and develop behavior analytic instruction for children with autism and their siblings.
- Class will be held on Sundays, 9AM to 12PM.
Contact Dr. Emily Jones: email@example.com
- NO WINTER 2019 COURSESSeptember 25, 2018 - 2:08 pm
Dear Students, The Psychology Department will NOT be offering any courses during the Winter 2019 session. We will be offering Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 classes.
- STATISTICS (PSYCH 107.3 and 107.1) TUTORINGSeptember 4, 2018 - 10:13 am
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters in the Science Building, room E322. Fall 2018 Tutoring Begins on Tuesday, September 4, and Ends on Wednesday, December 12 Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. A limited number of tutoring hours will be available during finals week. This schedule will […]
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT QCPCJuly 18, 2018 - 3:01 pm
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT QUEENS COLLEGE PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER FOR 2018-2019 The Queens College Psychological Center (QCPC) is a “safety net” clinic dedicated to providing mental health care to children, adolescents and adults. QCPC is operated as a training clinic for the Department of Psychology and offers the community psychological evaluations, individual, group, family and couples psychotherapy, counseling services, and a […]
- GRE Deadlines (Including US Territories and Canada)July 12, 2018 - 12:59 pm
Test Date Normal Deadline Late Registration 6 Oct 2018 (10/6/18) 8/31/18 9/7/18 3 Nov 2018 (11/3/18) 9/21/18 9/28/18 2 Feb 2019 (2/2/19) 12/21/18 12/28/18
Please visit https://www.ets.org/gre/subject/about/content/psychology for more information.
- Summer 2018 graduation deadlineJuly 3, 2018 - 2:15 pm
Per the QC REGISTRAR OFFICE: “Summer 2018 graduation deadline was 07/01/2018. Late applications will be accepted for five business days after the deadline, students will be allowed to file up to 07/09/2018. Please communicate this information to students in your program who need to file and have not done so. Students can file their late […]
- Spring 2018 Honor AwardsApril 16, 2018 - 4:08 pm
The 2018 award winners are as follows: The Gregory Razran Award: James Conroy The William Schoenfeld Award: Shlomo Levy The Mitchell L. Kietzman Award: Benjamin Iskhakov The Thomas E. Frumkes Award: Mariyanthie Linaris The Arthur A. Witkin Award: Andrew Chung The Wilma A. Winnick Award: Darija Stosic The Harold Schuckman Award: Michael Singh The Daniel […]
- Ready to take the next step in your career in behavior analysis? (ABA programs at Queens College)March 27, 2018 - 1:24 pm
Ready to take the next step in your career in behavior analysis? In New York, you will need to obtain a License in Behavior Analysis in New York State. You can also obtain National Certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. You can complete the coursework needed for both licensure and certification in our […]
- Interested in Autism? Register for Psych 372 (Fall 2018)March 25, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- DO NOT REGISTER FOR MORE THAN ONE ADV. EXPERIMENTAL SECTIONNovember 18, 2017 - 1:20 pm
Psychology Students: Please do not register for more than one section of Advanced Experimental or you will be dropped.
- RAPHELL SIMS LAKOWITZDecember 6, 2017 - 11:21 am
Born September 22, 1948, Raphell Sims Lakowitz attended New York City public schools. She was an honor student and an active member of the student body. Early on, responding to her innate warmth and compassion, Raphell chose to be a psychologist. As a psychology major at Queens College, Raphell was selected to participate in special […]
- 2017-2018 Raphell Sims Lakowitz Undergraduate Research Award WinnersDecember 6, 2017 - 10:24 am
The following are the winners for the 2017-2018 Raphell Sims Lakowitz Undergraduate Research Award and their respective mentors: Zaneb Akbar (Dr. Nomura) Agata Buras (Dr. Bodnar) Josie Cooke (Dr. Beeler) Elizabeth Espinal (Dr. Stewart) Freda Iskhakova (Dr. Brumberg) Seth MacDonald (Dr. Stewart) Michael Martinez (Dr. Li) Merna Shenouda (Dr. Bodnar) Katrina Wengerter (Dr. Nomura) Elizabeth […]
- PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY AND STUDENTS IN THE NEWSSeptember 21, 2015 - 1:49 pm
Claudia Brumbaugh – in the The Daily Mail Joshua Brumberg – featured in The West Indian and Q Magazine Anil Chacko Nancy Foldi – in the New York Times Opinion Pages Carolyn Pytte Clara Vila-Castelar