- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT QCPCJuly 18, 2018 - 3:01 pm
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT QUEENS COLLEGE PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER FOR 2018-2019 The Queens College Psychological Center (QCPC) is a “safety net” clinic dedicated to providing mental health care to children, adolescents and adults. QCPC is operated as a training clinic for the Department of Psychology and offers the community psychological evaluations, individual, group, family and couples psychotherapy, counseling services, and a […]
- GRE Deadlines (Including US Territories and Canada)July 12, 2018 - 12:59 pm
Test Date Normal Deadline Late Registration 6 Oct 2018 (10/6/18) 8/31/18 9/7/18 3 Nov 2018 (11/3/18) 9/21/18 9/28/18 2 Feb 2019 (2/2/19) 12/21/18 12/28/18
Please visit https://www.ets.org/gre/subject/about/content/psychology for more information.
- Summer 2018 graduation deadlineJuly 3, 2018 - 2:15 pm
Per the QC REGISTRAR OFFICE: “Summer 2018 graduation deadline was 07/01/2018. Late applications will be accepted for five business days after the deadline, students will be allowed to file up to 07/09/2018. Please communicate this information to students in your program who need to file and have not done so. Students can file their late […]
- Spring 2018 Honor AwardsApril 16, 2018 - 4:08 pm
The 2018 award winners are as follows: The Gregory Razran Award: James Conroy The William Schoenfeld Award: Shlomo Levy The Mitchell L. Kietzman Award: Benjamin Iskhakov The Thomas E. Frumkes Award: Mariyanthie Linaris The Arthur A. Witkin Award: Andrew Chung The Wilma A. Winnick Award: Darija Stosic The Harold Schuckman Award: Michael Singh The Daniel […]
- Ready to take the next step in your career in behavior analysis? (ABA programs at Queens College)March 27, 2018 - 1:24 pm
Ready to take the next step in your career in behavior analysis? In New York, you will need to obtain a License in Behavior Analysis in New York State. You can also obtain National Certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. You can complete the coursework needed for both licensure and certification in our […]
- Interested in Autism? Register for Psych 372 (Fall 2018)March 25, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- Registration Fall 2018March 14, 2018 - 9:57 am
Special Group Registration for Fall 2018 begins on March 19, 2018.
If you are part of the following groups, please contact your respective advisors for registration information: Macaulay Honors College, Honors and Scholarships, SEEK, HMNS, Athletics, Special Services, Student Ambassadors, and Student Leaders.
Please keep in mind that limited seats are available March 19- March 22 for special groups.
See your Advisor for important restrictions on 213W and Advanced Experimental (311-321).
All other Psych students: Additional seats will be added to all courses on March 23. Please register via CUNYFirst during the regular registration period, following the schedule below:
Academic Level Credits
(Earned + In progress)
(check the time on CF)
Matriculated Graduate & Veteran Students Thursday, March 22 Seniors 90-120+ Friday, March 23 Juniors & 2nd Degree 60 –89.9 Monday, March 26 Sophomore 30-59.9 Tuesday, , March 27 Freshman 0–29.9 Wednesday, March 28 New Freshman & Transfers Thursday, March 29 All Non-degree students
(Grad & Undergrad)
April 9, 2018 Senior Citizen Auditors August 20, 2018
- OPEN POSITION: Full Professor and Associate Professor in Clinical NeuropsychologyDecember 12, 2017 - 10:41 am
We are seeking to fill two tenure-track positions, Full Professor and Associate Professor in Clinical Neuropsychology, starting in Fall 2018. The individuals will serve as core faculty members in our APA–accredited PhD program at Queens College, City University of New York (CUNY).
- The Full Professor will have established leadership in our field with a prominent scholarship record, strong empirical research productivity, a record of extramural research funding, and the ability to attract collaborators and students.
- The Associate Professor will have demonstrated contribution to the field, have a history of research and teaching excellence, and a record of extramural funding.
- Looking for participants who smoke marijuana for a study at CUNY Queens CollegeDecember 3, 2017 - 11:20 am
Looking for participants who smoke marijuana for a study at CUNY Queens College Eligibility to participate: – Smokes marijuana – Queens College or Queensborough Community College students – Between the ages 18-25 years old – Fluent in English – Normal color vision – No history of epilepsy, migraines, head injury, or loss of consciousness greater […]
- DO NOT REGISTER FOR MORE THAN ONE ADV. EXPERIMENTAL SECTIONNovember 18, 2017 - 1:20 pm
Psychology Students: Please do not register for more than one section of Advanced Experimental or you will be dropped.
- Looking for participants for a study at CUNY Queens CollegeSeptember 27, 2017 - 11:05 am
Looking for participants for a study at CUNY Queens College Eligibility to participate: – Queens College or Queensborough Community College students – Between the ages 18-25 years old – Fluent in English – Normal color vision – No history of epilepsy, migraines, head injury, or loss of consciousness greater than 5 minutes – No current […]
- STATISTICS (PSYCH 107.3 and 107.1) TUTORINGSeptember 11, 2017 - 10:13 am
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters in the Science Building, room E322. Spring 2018 Tutoring Begins on Monday, February 5, and Ends on Wednesday, May 16 Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. A limited number of tutoring hours will be available during finals week. This schedule will […]
- VOLUNTEER @ QC PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTERJuly 25, 2017 - 10:31 am
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT QUEENS COLLEGE PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER FOR 2017/2018 ACADEMIC YEAR The Queens College Psychological Center (QCPC) is a “safety net” clinic dedicated to providing mental health care to children, adolescents and adults. QCPC is operated as a training clinic for the Department of Psychology and offers the community psychological evaluations, individual, group, family and […]
- ADVISINGFebruary 8, 2016 - 10:06 am
If you want to declare a major, you must first speak to a peer advisor. Click here to view Peer Advising Hours.
- Experimental Psychology (Psych 213W) TutoringJanuary 20, 2016 - 1:22 pm
Tutoring is available when classes are in session during the Spring and Fall semesters. Experimental Psychology (Psych 213W) tutoring takes place in SB-D308. Tutoring is free, and no appointment is needed. It begins Wednesday, February 7, 2018 and ends on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
- RAPHELL SIMS LAKOWITZDecember 6, 2017 - 11:21 am
Born September 22, 1948, Raphell Sims Lakowitz attended New York City public schools. She was an honor student and an active member of the student body. Early on, responding to her innate warmth and compassion, Raphell chose to be a psychologist. As a psychology major at Queens College, Raphell was selected to participate in special […]
- 2017-2018 Raphell Sims Lakowitz Undergraduate Research Award WinnersDecember 6, 2017 - 10:24 am
The following are the winners for the 2017-2018 Raphell Sims Lakowitz Undergraduate Research Award and their respective mentors: Zaneb Akbar (Dr. Nomura) Agata Buras (Dr. Bodnar) Josie Cooke (Dr. Beeler) Elizabeth Espinal (Dr. Stewart) Freda Iskhakova (Dr. Brumberg) Seth MacDonald (Dr. Stewart) Michael Martinez (Dr. Li) Merna Shenouda (Dr. Bodnar) Katrina Wengerter (Dr. Nomura) Elizabeth […]
- QUEENS COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE NEUROSCIENCE MAJORFebruary 23, 2016 - 12:46 pm
SPRING 2016 ADMISSIONS–APPLICATIONS DUE MARCH 1
The undergraduate Neuroscience major at Queens College is an interdisciplinary 55-credit honors, research-based BA degree designed for talented students with interests in neuroscience. Created by the Psychology and Biology Departments, the Neuroscience major is intended primarily for students who are very interested in getting research experience in the area of neuroscience.
- PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY AND STUDENTS IN THE NEWSSeptember 21, 2015 - 1:49 pm
Claudia Brumbaugh – in the The Daily Mail Joshua Brumberg – featured in The West Indian and Q Magazine Anil Chacko Nancy Foldi – in the New York Times Opinion Pages Carolyn Pytte Clara Vila-Castelar